We have a fair number of users in the Deaf community who use InqScribe to transcribe and subtitle videos.
Stacy Bick of Rochtester Institute of Technology has put together a really nice series of videos to introduce subtitling with InqScribe for the Deaf community. Actually it’s a pretty complete set of video tutorials that anyone might find useful.
Here is the main video tutorial page (Unfortunately, this is just a list of the latest videos, so you may have to scroll down).
For your convenience, here is a list of all the videos:
- Interface Overview
- Select Media File
- Controllers and Shortcuts
- Transcription and Snippets
- Proof Checking
- Export Movie from InqScribe
- Enable/Disable Subtitle Display
- Export Only Subtitles to FCP
- Modify Existing Transcript Timecode