We are looking for a Chicago-based freelance project coordinator / jack-of-all-trades to work part-time coordinating day-to-day administration of several design projects. Your primary responsibility will be keeping our projects on track and humming smoothly.
Inquirium is a nimble, three-person, company celebrating our 12th anniversary successfully designing & developing custom educational software and web applications for K-12, museums, zoos, and other non-profits.
Here’s who we’re looking for:
You are an independent self-starter with unsurpassable communication and organization skills, in both face-to-face and remote settings. You are completely fluent and happy using online collaboration tools with remote teams, have an eye for details, and don’t need a lot of hand holding to get the job done. You are easy to work with and have a sense of humor.
If you were working for us, here are some of the things you would have done last month:
- Participated in design meetings for 6 different client products that promote innovative learning and teaching in K-12 classrooms
- Contributed to a weekly call discussing the redesign of our product website
- Documented several project planning meetings
- Helped write and copy edit company blog posts
- Maintained a Basecamp record of meeting summaries, action items, and project resources
- Organized an internal Dropbox of design documents
- Triaged incoming client feature requests & curated feature backlogs in Trello
- A willingness and ability to be a jack of all trades, wear many hats, learn new skills, and do whatever needs to be done
- Experience with software design projects (familiarity with Agile design & development practices is a plus)
- Strong writing, copy-editing & word-processing skills; Able to polish and format professional-looking deliverables
Applicants must be based in Chicago and willing to work at our offices near Halsted & North Ave. At the same time, the ability to work remotely with staff not based in Chicago is a must.
What we offer:
- Intellectually stimulating and socially beneficial education projects
- Work with nimble, fun, distributed teams
- Opportunity to learn more and grow with us — if you have a particular skill set or interest, we want to put it to use
- No bureaucracy — you have the chance to make an impact
- Established — we’ve been around for 12 years and have a proven track record of success & longevity.
Should you turn out a good fit, there’s room for greater involvement and expanded roles on a more full-time basis, including participation in social media, branding & customer support for one of our Inquirium-made products.
To apply, send an email, with resumé, to email@example.com telling us why you’re the one. Get our attention and show us how you communicate. If you catch our interest, we’ll contact you to follow-up.